Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stealing from my FB posts today

Figures its Saturday and I could sleep till noon if I wanted but nope I was up wide eyed at 6 am ....Oh well LOL I guess I am just keeping my schedule maybe I should go wake Rylan up so he keeps it too.....ummmm no I am just going to enjoy the quietness for a while longer plus he will probably want to take the computer and play minecraft or something :-) oh and his new favorite show is storage wars he is completely amazed at how fast the auctioneer can talk so fast asked me how he does it I said it takes lots and lots of practice :-) I love that his curiosity has such a wide range he is also loving outer space now and told me all the planets revolve around the sun :-) he has a book and told me some of the planets and where earth is and the biggest planet and the smallest of course I don't remember the names now, but he was right according to the pictures..

and from my other post a reply about schooling :
I like the idea of putting name cards on things I think I am going to start working on doing that around here...then maybe start working on those sight word into sentences on the objects in a few weeks so Rylan can start learning how they fit in ..Rylan had his first spelling test yesterday and thinks he did pretty well ....we worked on the words 4 letters that were a bit harder on his way to school... so hopefully he remembered them fresh when the spelling test started LOL and I have totally agree learning has to do with teaching style, last year he wasn't to thrilled about school I think because it was stuff he already knew, but this year he so far seems to enjoy going its still stuff he already knows but seems like its in a different format ..the little girl that sits right next to him has a hard time with Math and so far Rylan is great at math which I think comes from me being so sick when he was little I couldn't go out and do a lot so I tought him how to play cards and we played a lot of cards LOL so he has a good base of how numbers work at least in the simple forms and can add and subtract easily, so I told him its a good thing that he sits next to gabby cause he can help her with her math :-) so he also feels more needed at school and I think that boosts his self esteem...

No comments:

Post a Comment